Easily make users love your dialogs
SimpleDialog allows your FileMaker solutions to interact with users via professionally looking dialogs to provide excellent user experience with minimum development effort.
Now you can take full advantage of the 64-bit FileMaker Pro 16 as well!
SimpleDialog your script can easily display a dialog with a progress bar and two text messages. Multiple dialogs can be displayed at the same time and updated on-the-fly while your script keeps running.
When your solution needs time to do its work you can:
- keep the user calm by showing that it is working
- make the user efficient by knowing when it will be done
- prevent the users from perceiving the app as frozen
SimpleDialog can display styled text in dialogs and automatically resizes each dialog for the best possible layout of the provided contents.
When your solution needs to display a warning or error message:
- the whole message will always fit in the dialog, so the user will not miss a cropped piece
- you can emphasize the most important part to make the user read it before dismissing it
- nice and unique look of each dialog will make them pleasant to see and easier to recognize
Prompt for Data
With SimpleDialog your script can ask the user for information as easily as using the Show Custom Dialog script step, just without its limitations.
When your script needs input from the user you can:
- make it easy for the user by using the right field type for each bit of information
- avoid confusion from displaying a sequence of dialogs
- provide native user experience without hassle
- create reusable code by not depending on database fields
Update Dialogs ON-THE-FLY
With SimpleDialog, your dialogs can be validated and updated while they are displayed. You can validate entered values using regular expression or FileMaker calculations, and update the dialog based on various circumstances.
With live updating dialogs you can:
- validate all values before the dialog is dismissed
- complete all data entry within a single dialog
- let the user select multiple values from conditional popup menus
- provide context sensitive help for individual dialog fields
- avoid loops with confusing reappearing dialogs
Have the Syntax Generated
SimpleDialog comes with a utility that lets you set up a dialog with up to 5 fields and 5 buttons and generated the correct syntax for you.
With SimpleDialog Utility you can:
- start using the plug-in without learning its syntax
- test your dialogs before using them in your solution
- learn the syntax from your own examples
- Added support for Native iOS FileMaker® Go applications
- Progress dialogs with buttons
- Fixed minor bugs
- Behaviour of parameter "minlines” documented
- SDialog_SetCalculation example added
Support for Native iOS Go Apps
SimpleDialog 6 fully supports native iOS FileMaker Go applications. Keep your solutions informational by creating simple and handy dialogs for filling information or progress bars to inform your clients what is currently happening.
Create anything you want for iPads or iPhones while our plug-in will still be there for you.
Progress Dialogs With Buttons
With SimpleDialog 6, we have improved the progress dialogs with the possibility of adding Pause/Resume and Cancel buttons.
Allow your solutions’ dialogs to feel more user-friendly by letting your customer direct the progress of their work.
Download software & documentation
Looking for something not listed above? Contact us with your requirements, we can develop a custom plug-in or tool tailored to your specific needs.
Usually available on working days between 7am and 5pm GMT
We'll call you back if you call from a discoverable phone number and fail to reach us